Baked Honey Sesame Chicken (2-4 meals)
Baked Honey Sesame Chicken (2-4 MEALS)
2 Chicken breasts
½ cup cornstarch
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp canola oil
½ cup honey ½ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup ketchup
⅓ cup brown sugar
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
½ tsp sesame oil
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tbsp cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
2. In two separate bowls, place the cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip the chicken into the cornstarch, then coat in egg mixture. (I have also found that you can put the chicken pieces into a gallon sized bag and shake to coat.)
3. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over med-high heat to cook the chicken until golden brown.
4. Place the cooked chicken in a 9 x 13 (or similar) greased baking dish. Side must be at least 1.5 inches deep. Chop up desired vegetables and add over the chicken.
5. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, garlic powder and ½ tbsp cornstarch. Pour over chicken and vegetables bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring every 15 minutes.